Tan Check

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Yet again...the garden produces another tasty venture.

On my way home from work yesterday, I had thoughts of what to do with all my dill that is feverishly growing in my garden. It's getting rather large and thick...and like it's name (dill weed) it's getting a little wild and weedy. I needed something for my breakfast and happened to be craving Tim Hortons...and I had a vision! Baking Powder Biscuit with dill and cheddar. So once I got home I immediately went out and picked some dill. I was very generous with my picking too I might add. Inside I went and started my expirement.

2 Cups of Flour
4 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp seasoning salt
Sift together twice. Makes it extra light and fluffy.
1/3 Cup of Margarine or butter (I am anti-butter so I used margarine)
Cut into flour mixture until fine and grainy looking.
6-8 Sprigs of dill weed leaves chopped finely
1 Cup shredded Old Cheddar
Mix into Flour mixture.
3/4 c of Milk plus 2 tbsp.
Add to the flour mixture. Stir well. If it seems a little runny you can just a flour.
Make into balls about the size of a lemon. Plop down onto your baking sheet and lightly flatten out.
Bake in the oven at 375 F for 20 mins.

Viola...delish...mouthwatering...they only lasted about 10 mins in our house last night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment