Tan Check

Monday, January 11, 2010

Jagged Lil Lena ~ aka Lily


Here she is - my pride and joy...my first home grown! Out of my dear mare Foxy and a nice grey stud named Jag. They met in a lush clover one day and the fireworks went off...11 months later the stork dropped off Lily. A beautiful filly with a sparkle in her eye and some major spring in her step.

We waited and waited and waited for the day to come when she would venture out to the "Big Girl" world and become a saddle horse. Off to Auntie Sarah she went on October 1, 2009 for her formal education. She had a lovely visit, got her nails down, hair done daily...okay she didn't, she got worked and she sweat like a man! None of this "glowing" business - she sweated. She was a very good student, but with a mentor like Auntie Sarah who wouldn't want to learn? She's a top notch lady, a real hand with a horse, and classy. Why would you want anyone else...well there also the other hitch, she's a great friend.

So here is my video of my second ride on Lily. First one was the day before when I picked her up. But this is her first indoor ride. I am very proud of this filly....may Foxy be watching down with a big smile on her face, beaming with pride of her beautiful filly.

http://www.youtube.com/user/wentersdesertsage#p/a/u/0/oPqUAOYKsjc

1 comment: